Sunday 1 May 2011

I salute you, Jack Bauer

The first of May - I hope many of you are enjoying the long weekend and the rather gorgeous weather we're having at the moment!  It's been beautiful, huh?  

First, today's picture.  I like this building because it's a conversion of an old mill, which I think looks fab, and they kept the original style of the facade.  Although it isn't the same at the back, I love the sandstone and huge windows.  It's also what we call "pigeon hangout".  You can't see much of it in this photo, but there are arches over all the windows, and pigeons sit on them so all along the building you have pigeons in curvy lines.  It appeals to my sense of humour anyway...


We also successfully found a bulb to go in our bathroom light, so you can actually see in the shower now!  Fantastic.  (Tick!)  I also forgot to say yesterday that I've ticked off take better care of my feet.  I haven't had a pedicure yet simply because I can't really afford it, but I've been moisturising, self-pedicuring all that malarky.  My feet are looking quite pretty!

The main tick I wanted to write about though was watch the entirety of 24.  I watched the final episode of season eight today!  I have to say, one of my favourite shows of all time.  What I love about 24 is that by then end you feel like you know the characters, you've felt their pain and know how they got to where they got to.  Now that I'm finished it's like the end of an era... and I can't quite believe there's not a real-life Jack Bauer!  (Never mind that Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer is nothing short of, well... delicious.)  If you haven't seen it, you have to.  You'll laugh, you'll cry and when you're done you'll wonder what to do without 24 in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment